Monday, March 5, 2018

New Smart Roadster In The Planning?

There is a website that is in a language I don't read. I was able to find a way to have it translated into English. The original web site is by MB Passion. The translation is by Google Translate with this being the result; MB Passion (translated into English).

The article is 2011 so I doubt it will happen but it would be nice if it did.

With France going electric by 2040 and Smart only selling electric Fortwo's in Canada and the USA (perhaps Europe eventually), why not make an electric roadster? With the newer batteries and electric motors, the range could be great and one could drive in style while looking great in it.

It seems someone has the idea of an electric Smart Roadster. Smart Roadster - Conversion To Electric CarYouTube - Smart Roadster EV Conversion First Drive . YouTube - Smart Roadster EV Conversion First Drive.


Since I am discussing an electric roadster, why not an electric Forfour? It might be added to other electric four door four passenger cars in the market but that market has more appeal to buyers. I believe it has more appeal to buyers to have more seats and more doors. Just my opinion and my chance to 'voice it'.







this looks almost exactly like the Smart Fortwo Passion that I have. 
I call my Smart Fortwo Herb. It is a shortened version of the name Herbie the VW Beetle in the Disney movie The Love Bug. Both the air cooled VW Beetle and the Smart Fortwo are rear engine and rear wheel drive vehicles. The Fortwo is smaller than the Beetle; hence, the smaller name. 

Here is an outline of the 451 Smart Fortwo.  One could use it as the basis for kit cars with the outline being used to draw what other could look like with it as the platform / donor vehicle. 






No comments:

Post a Comment