Thursday, January 14, 2021

My Smart Car Is No More

 This is a short post / blog. It is about my second Smart Fortwo which was a Passion and 2012 which I bought in 2015. I had traded in my 2008 Smart Fortwo Pure which I had ordered in 2007. The first one was ordered online (something I have never done before). I enjoyed driving the two cars for a total of 12 years; 2008 to 2020. 

With Smart stopped selling the Fortwo in the USA and the last couple of years with them only selling the ED / electric version in the USA, it was getting harder to repair my little car since it was harder to get parts. It was

I don't remember how many miles my first one had. My second Smart car had over 109,000 miles on it. I am not sure it was made to last that long. 


I now drive a 2005 Jeep Liberty. It has more space, more seats than the Smart car. I drove my Smart for 12 years. It was time to move on; especially since Smart abandoned the US market. 

This doesn't mean I won't post other things about the Smart car or the Smart company. I have read that Smart was sold to a Chinese company and that they might come out with a SUV version (which might make it more appealing to more people; IMO). 





Thomas Lee Mullins 

    Cafe Press TomLeeM

No comments:

Post a Comment