Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Smart Plane?

It seems Fly Eco has decided to adapt the three cylinder diesel engine from a Smart Fortwo to power an airplane. AVWEB. YouTube. I think this is the Smart way to power an airplane. Sport Aviation Magazine.
I like how they matched the Smart engine airplane to the Smart Fortwo. 
Using a diesel engine could make it more economical and green since diesel could use more than just diesel fuel but also jet a-1 fuel. 


It is a shame they don't bring the diesel powered Smart to the US. I think it would broaden the appeal of the Fortwo if the economy of this small car is increased. It seems many car companies are not only coming out with diesel powered cars but also selling them in the US.  I think Green Car Reports might be correct. I think Smart would have done better with the diesel engine than the gas engine, economy wise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment