Thursday, October 12, 2017

This is How Smart Cars are made: One of Smallest Car in The World

Here is a video that I found on YouTube. It is on how a Smart Fortwo is made; actually assembled. It does not show the whole process but the final assembly. It is of the newer 452 model. 

This is How Smart Cars are made: One of Smallest Car in The World - YouTube (link).



I think that is really cool. It is neat seeing it assembled. It is the 452; the newer model of Fortwo. 

I think it is a mistake that Smart will only sell the electric version of the Fortwo in the US and Canada. The Smart ED does not really have the range that is needed by most Americans. If they could double the range, it would have a great appeal to Americans. 

I know that Smart had a fuel cell version of the Fortwo. I think that would do better than just a battery powered Fortwo. It is faster to refuel and one can have a fuel station at ones house. 

I think it is a mistake that Smart did not sell the Forfour in the US. I think it would have a greater appeal than a two door two seat car. They say the market for this type of vehicle is too crowded. I think it is crowded for a reason; more want a four door / four seat car than a two door / two seat car.

I think Smart should have created a newer roadster and sold it in the US. I think it would have greatly improved the Smart brand name and broaden the model range. It would have shown that Smart is not just economy cars but also sporty. 

Some of this is me letting off steam about what Smart is or isn't doing 
to the American market. It would be nice if they read
this post and took it into consideration. 
TomLeeM aka BigGoofyGuy
(without my glasses).




like me, a work in progress


my store at Cafe Press that has my art on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment