Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Another Mistake By Smart; Not Bringing the Forfour To America

It seems Smart will only be selling the electric Fortwo in the USA and Canada. Because of this, many Smart Centers have closed. I guess this was done since France is working toward not selling electric cars after 2040. I think it is a mistake since the Fortwo ED does not have a great range and has a high price when compared to the gas powered version or other electric cars.

I think it would have been great if the Fortwo ED was a fuel cell battery vehicle. Refueling would be faster and have a farther range. Fuel cells exhaust has only water vapor. I consider it very green and way cool. Fuel cell has have made some advancements. They are smaller and provide more power. There are advancements in hydrogen production and storage.


Forfour - side
Forfour - back
Forfour - front
Forfour - back seat / inside
Forfour - 
(photos taken from the article / link above)

I think the Forfour would have a great appeal to many, more than the Fortwo. Smart has said that the market for this category of vehicle is crowded. I think it is crowded since many find it more appealing, especially when compared to the Fortwo. There was even a SUV version of the Forfour. I think this would have even a greater appeal; especially where 4 wheel drive would be useful in mud and snow.

I wish they had not made a new roadster but also had brought it to the USA. It is for another post (perhaps this is not my last after all).


I realize the previous post was supposed to be my last for this blog but (hopefully) this will be last (or next to last).





This is very similar to my 2012 Smart Fortwo Passion.
It will be the last one I will own unless Smart changes their minds
about bringing the gas powered Fortwo, Fortfour and Roadster
to the USA and Canada.




No comments:

Post a Comment