Thursday, April 19, 2018

Smart Cars Are Still Cool But No Longer For Me

I will always think the Smart Fortwo is cool but it is no longer for me. I love driving my little car but it lacks a back seat, it has smaller tires in front than in back, it has no spare tire among other things. It does have a lot of room inside for such a small car. It has short turning radius. It was a lot of fun to drive.

Ever since Mercedes Benz decided to no longer sell the gas powered Fortwo in the USA and Canada and the Smart ED does not have a lot of range, I realized I would have to get a different small car. I am into small; cars, computers, houses, etc. The ED only has a range of about 120 miles per charge. The cost of the ED is more than I want to pay for a car.

Smart also decided to not sell the Forfive or the SUV version of the Forfive in the USA. I think the Forfive would have a great appeal than the Fortwo since most want a back seat.

I had a 2008 Smart Fortwo Passion. It was blue with a silver tridon. I had ordered it in July of 2007. I picked it up in March of 2008. I ordered it with the minimum of accessories. I was also paying for my parents car at the same time so I wanted the minimum payments. It was the first car I ordered online. It might be the last.

I traded it in for a 2012 Smart Fortwo Passion. It was black with a silver tridon. It had all the features I did not have in the 2008. It had AC, powered windows, heated seats, and a radio. It came in black; it was what they had. I almost did not get it since I had trouble with financing but it was resolved.

I am glad there are other small cars available that are still gas powered. Ones like the Mini Cooper and the Fiat 500. There are some being worked on; like the Elio, Nobe and Eleca.

This could be my last blog on the 'Smart Cars Are Cool' blog. I have others to keep me busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment