Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A SUV Version of the Smart Fortwo?

There is an article at Car Scoops titled 'Smart Fortwo Tries An SUV Suit For Size'. I agree with the article that it may never come to be but I am hoping they make this one. Smart has other concepts that are way cool but never lead to an actually production vehicle.

I think a Smart SUV - like this one - could not only broaden the mode line of Smart but it would appeal to those in colder climates and those who go on roads that not all that great. Since it has a bigger hood and a slightly longer back to it, it would give a greater sense of safety too.

Personally, I think it is like a muscle bound Fortwo that has steroids. In this case, the steroids has produced a really - in my opinion - cool looking sport utility vehicle. I would not mind trading in my current Smart Fortwo (a 2012 black and silver Passion).


On one post about it, they indicate it resembles an AMC Gremlin. I can see the resemblance. Since I really like the AMC Gremlin, this is a good thing. If one does not like the resemblance to the Gremlin, it might be a bad thing.  The site shows it in different colors but I like this one since I like blue. With its bigger tires and wider stance, I think it would do great in off road and / or colder climates. 

One can see some of the Fortwo heritage in the front end of this car. It does look wider than the Fortwo, which could be good since it would make it more stable and less likely to roll over.

While I really like the blue color, the other colors are really nice too. I think it looks great in red.
I think black gives it a sense of mystery.
I think the white one gives it a sense of being owned by Mr Clean.
I am not sure what color this is but it does look nice. It is like a golden color but does not have too much yellow in it. I think it is pretty.




a site on my and my interests 
(needs to be updated but still good).



photos of some of my artwork at the Cafe Press site
(needs better photos of what I have created to make better items for sale).

No comments:

Post a Comment