Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Lexus SF-A; Smart Fortwo Rival?

While doing a search for Smart Fortwo concepts, I came across this concept from Lexus called the LF-SA.  The article - Lexus LF-SA Concept Might Morph Into Smart Fortwo Rival - is by Between the Axels. The article is dated March 1, 2015. It is very interesting.

The official site for the Lexus LF-SA. There are nice photos and video's at the site.


It is similar to the Fortwo in that it has two doors. The downside of the Fortwo is its length. It seems many don't realize how safe it is because of its short length. Since this is longer, it seems to have a greater perception of safety than the Fortwo has. It does look a lot sportier than the Fortwo. Being longer, it might not have the advantage of being as easy to park as the Fortwo. 
It is different than the Fortwo door since it has a back seat which seats more than two people; the Fortwo is for two people. Seating only two people might be a disadvantage from some but the back seat of the LF-SA does not look very roomy or comfortable. Perhaps it would be better if it was a two seat car like the Fortwo.

I really like the interior. It looks nice but does not seem as roomy as the Fortwo. I have a Fortwo but never seen the LF-SA in real life so I can only compare using photos.
I think it looks really stylish. I am not sure about the large grill but it seems to work with this design. I like the 'smile' on the Fortwo (at least I think it is a smile). I like the two tone (top black bottom silver) look of the LF-SA. I also like the two tone of the Smart too. 


Since Mercedes Benz will not sell the gas powered Fortwo in the US or Canada, I am hoping Lexus builds and sells it in the Canada and the US. I really like the design. I hope it isn't too expensive. If it is too pricey, it could limit sales of such a cool car to those who don't mind paying a lot for such a small vehicle. 








a site about me - it really needs a lot of work on it.




stuff with my art on it - hoping to get better higher density photos of my art soon so I can put it on my items.


No comments:

Post a Comment