Tuesday, October 17, 2023

FOMM Car of Japan? Smart Car Wannabe?

 


the red FOMM car from Japan; the FOMM ONE.

I came across a vide on YouTube that showed this little car. It mentioned that there was three models; two of which were concept cars. I think they are very neat looking. 

YouTube - search results for FOMM ONE

I like the idea of it having removable batteries. I think one could have a separate set that is being charged while using one set. Once the battery is low, one just changes the batteries. 

I am not sure that not having a 'gas' (acceleration) pedal is a good idea. It has a brake pedal but one accelerates using paddles on the steering column? I think that would be tricky to use (even mentions this in the video below). 

It indicates it seats four people. With a car of that size, I don't see how anyone would really be comfortable in the back seat; unless they are small of stature or a small child. I think it could be added cargo space if the back seat could be 'flattened' forward to provide more cargo space for the back. 

They show the concept cars and the ONE. It is very informative. I think one should watch it if one is interested in this unique car. 

I put this in the Smart Cars Are Cool blog since it reminds me of a Smart Fortwo or the Smart ED. This seats four people instead of just two people in the Fortwo. I am not sure how much room there is in the back seat since it is vey small; like the Fortwo. The dimensions seems very similar to the Fortwo. Like the Fortwo, I think this little vehicle would be great for around town and in cities. It would be easy to park and maneuver. Unlike the Fortwo, I wonder if it will ever come to the USA. It would be neat if it did. Perhaps it could be like the Fortwo in that there is a 'gas' pedal as well as the brake pedal. 











TomLeeM

2023 / 10 / 17









No comments:

Post a Comment