Monday, March 27, 2017

Hankook iFlex Airless Tires and Small Cars? Small cars like the Smart Fortwo.

I think the Hankook iFlex airless tires are really cool. One does not have to worry about flat tires since there is no air in the tires to leak out. I think they are also good looking tires. As far as I know, they are not available for cars yet but I am hoping that they are not only sold in the near future but also come in sizes that I could use on my Smart Fortwo.
This shows the makeup of the iFlex airless tire. 

This is the Hankook iFlex tire. It would be neat if color matched the color of ones car. It looks neat too. 

It seems that some cars sold today don't either have the room for a spare or one has to pay extra to have the spare installed. Even with a spare added, they seem to be small when compared to the tires that are used on the car. Not having to worry about tires going flat is a plus. Not having to worry about a flat while in the middle of the night or in the middle of nowhere or on some busy potentially dangerous road is a bigger plus. 

I like driving my Smart Fortwo. The downside is that there is no room for a spare tire. It does have an air pump and tire sealant. This combo is good for small punctures but not good for rips or tears in the tire. 

I read of some concerns from law enforcement not being able to puncture a tire of a vehicle fleeing the police. I think that could be solved by having spires that not only pierce the tire but hold onto it. Perhaps with some chords it could entangle the tire and keep it from turning or at least slow it down? 




An excellent resource for all things Smart car.


site of a big guy who likes Disney's Goofy plus other things.


it is my online store where my art is sold on a variety of items. 



No comments:

Post a Comment