Monday, March 27, 2017

Not So Smart Move by Smart For United States and Canada?

I read that Smart will not be selling the gas powered Fortwo in the United States or Canada after 2017. It seems these two markets will only get the electric powered versions. I think this is not a very smart thing to do. I don't believe the range of the electric Fortwo is all that great when compared to other electric vehicles that is being sold. It might be similar to a couple but newer ones have really great range on a single charge.

I also think it is not very smart of Smart to not bring the Forfour to the United States. I think the Forfour would have a great market appeal than the Fortwo. The Forfour has four door and seats four. Smart indicated the market is too crowded for the Forfour. I think that many in this market segment would indicate that that it would be a bigger appeal for it than the Fortwo. The Fortwo has just two doors for two seats. As a commuter vehicle, it is ideal. I read that most people usually travel to and from work with one (the driver) person and sometimes a passenger.
The Smart Forfour. I am not sure if this is the newer one. There was also supposed to be a 'sport utility vehicle' version of the Forfour. I think the SUV version would be great in snowy colder areas. 

The Smart Fortwo. This is the slightly bigger newer one. 
A possible newer Smart Roadster.





A great resource for all things Smart car


My personal website.


A site of my art on various items.

No comments:

Post a Comment