Thursday, March 2, 2017

Sceadu Siva S160 Spyder with Smart Fortwo Parts?

While this isn't really about the Smart Fortwo, it is about an idea of using Smart Fortwo parts in creating the Siva S160 Spyder using parts from a Smart Fortwo. It seems Sceadu is trying to bring back the Siva S160 Spyder.
'Back in the late 60's and early 70's there was a gifted British designer named Neville Trickett. He was a prolific designer of some wonderfully unique vehicles.

I was lucky enough to come across one of his Siva S160 Spyders a couple of years ago. I bought it from the original owner who had seen it at the 1973 London Auto Show, and then bought it on the spot.

As time goes on, I will document the details of this car. We are also considering asking Mr Trickett if he would be interested in bringing this design back to life.'
(this is copied from the Sceadu Siva S160 Spyder site).
I think it looks really neat. 

The reason I posted / blogged about it here is I was wondering if one could use the engine and transmission from a Smart Fortwo in creating it. It seems like a lightweight vehicle (from what I have seen of it or read). If they could put the engine in an airplane or other vehicle, why not this one? I think it could do well . I have driven a Smart Fortwo (first a 2008 then a 2012) since 2008. It handles quite well. The Fortwo is tall and short and narrow. With this being shorter and (maybe) wider, one could go a little faster? 







No comments:

Post a Comment